Two Way Radio Cleaning Guide
As we are currently enduring an unprecedented situation, to help ensure the safety of our customers and contribute to the fight against the spread of COVID-19 we feel it is our duty as a two way radio provider to share this two way radio cleaning instruction.
Following uncertainty on whether it is safe to sterilise and clean your devices without damaging the radio equipment here is our advice.
Before you start
It is strongly recommended that you wear gloves & a mask to do this.
Cleaning of the Radios
1. Switch off your device and make sure the battery has been removed.
2. Clean the radio with a stiff, non-metallic brush to get rid of any dirt or debris.
3. Apply disinfectant with at least 70% alcohol concentration to a cloth and wipe the device. Do not spray the liquid directly on to it. (This is due to the detrimental effects certain chemicals and vapours have on plastics & metals)
4. Ensure the device is completely dry before re-inserting the battery.
5. Clean the antenna, screen, microphone and all buttons on the device to ensure full sterilisation.
It is advisable to do this in an outdoor space if you have a large fleet.
Cleaning of the Radio Accessories
To make sure you are as safe as possible when using your equipment, we recommend wiping clean with anti-bacterial wipes all supporting radio accessories.
By practising good hygiene and ensuring equipment is regularly cleaned, it is hoped things will be back to normal sooner rather than later.
This may be a good time to invest in extra accessories for your two way radios if they are being shared by team members.
Radio Hire Equipment
If you need additional equipment during this period, rest assured all of our Radio Hire equipment is thoroughly cleaned & disinfected prior to sending to our customers.
More information can be found on Digitall Comms Covid19 Update. If you have any questions our team is also available on 0330 088 7008 we will be more than happy to discuss them with you.